I love my children! But their stuff – not so much.
And one thing that we seem to have a lot of is video game cases. But that’s because I’m a gamer nerd (I love me some Legend of Zelda and Boom Blox). And we now have not one gaming system, but two!
And we have games. What I consider to be lots of them. And this is a problem because video game cases can get messy if not contained. And you know that I’m not a fan of messiness. I get pretty grumpy. No joke.
Now containing the cases isn’t that hard, but I wanted a solution that would also hide and organize the cases. Visual clutter drives me pretty batty, so I always aim to minimize it whenever possible.
I also dislike paying for storage containers for things like this because they’re usually plastic and not very attractive. Plus my kids do stupid things with them – like stand on them. Then the boxes break and I get really, really grumpy.
Instead of purchasing a container, I opted to create a custom video game organizer solution and I gotta tell you, I absolutely LOVE it! I actually made this video game organizer container a while ago, but it is simply too awesome to not share with you now.
- The games fit exactly in it! The shoe box was just a little bit bigger than the game cases, so the cases can easily slide in and out.
- A ton of cases can fit into the box.
- I didn’t pay anything to make it! True story, as I am a Martha Stewart wannabe, so Modge Podge is my middle name. I’m never without a bottle of that stuff. I love it so much. Super useful product!
- The box matches my decor. Perfectly.
- It fits on my tv stand perfectly. I didn’t even measure. That was sheer luck.
- The video game organizer has held up infinitely longer than I expected it to. And it still looks like new. Ok, maybe the lid is a little dusty, but that’s due to my hatred of dusting.
- Anyone can replicate the steps to do exactly what I did. Wanna see how? Click the link below!
I show exactly how to make this custom video game organization and storage solution in a video. Check it out here!
Drowning in clutter, but don't know where to start?
This Organizing Jumpstart Challenge is *exactly* what you need!
Stop wasting the hour (or more!) you're currently losing to clutter + disorganization each day!*
Why this challenge?
- Just what you need to get started
- Strategies that work in real life
- Success in mere minutes
*this adds up to 2-6 weeks a year!